Subject: NetBSD 2.0, -current.
To: None <>
From: Richard Rauch <>
List: port-amd64
Date: 04/07/2004 14:48:36
Hi.  I haven't been tracking -current closely the past few weeks, nor
have I had time to try to install a 2.0 release-candidate.

However, there's a NetBSD/amd64 PR that's been outstanding for some time.
We have a /dev/joy[01] pair of specials, and a joy(4) manpage, but
no /usr/include/machine/joystick.h.

This affects some libraries that provide joystick support.

The file was missing for months after I filed the PR, so I assume
that the file is still missing, though I have not checked lately.
If the file is there, or if it has been decided to simply not support
joy(4) on NetBSD/amd64, could someone close the PR?

It is at least sufficient to import the i386 header to make programs
compile, though I have no idea if this really does anything useful.  (^&

(Is joy(4) standard, while I'm on the subject?  Or is it  something that
we get for being close to i386, but which would be absent on Amigas,
eet al?)

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."