Subject: NetBSD 2.0, -current.
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 04/07/2004 14:48:36
Hi.  I haven't been tracking -current closely the past few weeks, nor
have I had time to try to install a 2.0 release-candidate.

However, there's a NetBSD/amd64 PR that's been outstanding for some time.
We have a /dev/joy[01] pair of specials, and a joy(4) manpage, but
no /usr/include/machine/joystick.h.

This affects some libraries that provide joystick support.

The file was missing for months after I filed the PR, so I assume
that the file is still missing, though I have not checked lately.
If the file is there, or if it has been decided to simply not support
joy(4) on NetBSD/amd64, could someone close the PR?

It is at least sufficient to import the i386 header to make programs
compile, though I have no idea if this really does anything useful.  (^&

(Is joy(4) standard, while I'm on the subject?  Or is it  something that
we get for being close to i386, but which would be absent on Amigas,
eet al?)