Subject: New Installation
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: George E Sollish <gsollish@autogear.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/22/2004 08:59:24
Hi,

I've just built a new box (Athlon 3200+, MSI K8T Neo board) and the
November snap worked great -- thanks, Frank!  I do have some questions,
however (copy me in replies -- I'm not subscribed to amd64):

(1) This board has the RealTek 8169 10/100/1000 onboard ethernet, which is
'not configured'; is a driver in the works, or can we trick it into
thinking it's an 8139?

(2) 'wiconfig' and 'ifmedia' in 1.6ZD can't set the mode on my D-Link pci
card (no recognized 'adhoc' or '-p' option).  Is there a way to get the
version of 'wiconfig' in 1.6?

(3) I built a new kernel from March 20 source to pick up the 'lm' system
monitor (which works :-)) but now at boot I get the 'possible botched
superblock' error message, which I gather comes from having a 1.6ZD
userland and a 1.6ZK kernel.  Is this a problem, and if so, is there an
updated snapshot in our future?

(4) I also notice, with both kernels, that I get a list of uhub port
errors on boot; attaching my usb digital camera it is first recognized and
then disconnected a few seconds later.  Is there a workaround?

On balance, though, looks great -- thanks to all.

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer		Auto Gear Equipment
			Project Manager		The Payne Lake Project