Subject: Boot image too big?
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 01/20/2004 11:33:10
I thought that it was about time that I had a fresh NetBSD-current CD for
the AMD64.  (Intall media is like a life preserver: It's round,
has a hole in the middle, and offers some psychological support needed.
Plus, you can throw them...(^&)

Anyway, after a kernel build issue (noted in a recent PR), I produced a
complete build.   Ready for a CD?

Nope.  "./build.sh -u release" gets a ways along, then fails with:

buildfloppies.sh: Image is 24576 bytes (24 KB) too big to fit on 2 disks

Is this a known problem?  Has it been this way for a while?  Should I
file a PR?

(Since NetBSD/amd64 isn't in any official release yet, I thought that
I might as well post here to help clear the cob-webs rather than on
current-users.  (^&)