Subject: Re: emacs
To: Stephen Degler <stephen@degler.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 01/10/2004 12:57:37
On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 01:28:18PM -0500, Stephen Degler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This seems to be working (compiled and is editing code).  Also in configure
> x86_64-*-netbsd*)  machine=amd64;;
> or something like that.

Yes, thanks.  (^&  I had emacs working back in December.  I'm awaiting someone
with commit access to update pkgsrc with my patches (including etc/MACHINES).

Are you responding to an email from me on port-amd64, on SourceForge's
freeglut project (where I mentioned this in passing perhaps), or to my NetBSD PR?

I updated the PR a little bit recently, after testing the NetBSD pkgsrc
"emacs-nox11" package.  (It doesn't really require any different changes,
but when I re-examined some of my changes, I decided to update it further.)

If you would like to explain the differences, I can diff my amd64.h against
yours.  I'm not sure which are really required and which parts work either
way (and if they work either way, which is preferable).

If you are confident that your version is approximately ideal, I can update
my PR with your amd64.h.

Thanks for the amd64.h in any case.