Subject: Re: NVIDIA nforce3-150 Ethernet on Shuttle SN85G4 Athlon64?
To: None <mspencer@evidentdata.com>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/06/2003 19:06:44
> > > So .. I'm just trying to find out what the situation is.  I
> > > imagine the Shuttle SN85G4 will be a popular platform for
> > > the Athlon64, and being able to get NetBSD
>
> The only mention of "network" in dmesg that I found was the following=
:

> "vendor 0x10de product 0x00d6 (ethernet network, revision 0xa5) at PC=
I 0 dev5 function 0 not configured"

> Does "function 0 not configured" mean that the BSD boot disk is
> unable to start the network because there is no driver?

Yep -- no driver in the loaded kernel for that device.

Visiting my favourite hardware vendor's web pages reveals this
pointe to a test of this motherboard

   http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=3DNTMw

and there it says:

   nVidia MAC with Realtek 8201BL supports 10 Mb/s and 100 Mb/s
   LAN operation

I don't think we have a driver for that in our source tree at the
moment.  Short-term I guess your best bet is to use a standalone
ethernet card.  Yes, this will claim your single PCI slot...

Regards,

- H=E5vard