Subject: Re: NVIDIA nforce3-150 Ethernet on Shuttle SN85G4 Athlon64?
To: Mark G. Spencer <mspencer@evidentdata.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/05/2003 17:49:14
On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 08:35:59PM -0800, Mark G. Spencer wrote:
> So .. I'm just trying to find out what the situation is.  I imagine the Shuttle SN85G4 will be a popular platform for the Athlon64, and being able to get NetBSD running on it would be great.

I'm not quite sure if the nForce 3 chipset you mention has an actually
different gigabit implementation, or if they just licensed an existing
one and hooked it up differently. I can't find any documentation for it,
nor any open source drivers for other OSs..

Can you mail the output of the dmesg command to see what the PCI id
of the gig-e part is?

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org