Subject: Re: `panic: lockmgr' while running compat netbsd32 binaries
To: Nicolas Joly <njoly@pasteur.fr>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/01/2003 15:20:12
On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 03:15:14PM +0100, Nicolas Joly wrote:
> panic: lockmgr: processor 0, not exclusive lock holder 1 unlocking
> Stopped at      netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x1:
> db{0}> bt
> cpu_Debugger() at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x1
> kernel: page fault trap, code=0
> Faulted in DDB; continuing...
>
> This is a GENERIC.MP kernel with the following 2 lines for the kernel
> debugger :
>
> options DDB
> options DDB_ONPANIC=1

Could you try two things for me:

1) use -fno-omit-frame-pointer in the makeoptions in the kernel config
   file (there's a commented line right by the DDB option that must
   be used, or backtraces won't work).
2) Try switching on LOCKDEBUG, this should catch the problem earlier.

I don't have that much time today or tomorrow to look myself.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org
NetBSD. Free, Unix-like OS. > 45 different platforms.    http://www.netbsd.org/