Subject: Re: Cannot enable C source code profiling on amd64
To: Nicolas Joly <njoly@pasteur.fr>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/28/2003 13:48:44
On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 01:19:49PM +0100, Nicolas Joly wrote:
> I just wanted to enable profiling on a some programs and noticed some
> strange results while trying to run generated binaries : endless
> loops, crash, ...

[...]

I see what's going on here.. I'll fix it. The reported kernel profiling
problem should be fixed too after that.

I'm currently only having one problem with this: somehow the linker
gets "&eprol" wrong (eprol is the symbol that is present at the end
of the functions that should be profiled). I'm not sure why this
happens, the code is exactly the same as on other platforms. Maybe
it's a linker bug, I need to look in to it more.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org
NetBSD. Free, Unix-like OS. > 45 different platforms.    http://www.netbsd.org/