Subject: Re: X keyboard issues
To: None <>
From: Ron Roskens <>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/25/2003 13:01:37
In article <bpv0dj$hao$>, (Matthias Scheler) writes:
> In article <>,
> 	Owen Becker <> writes:
>> Just one small issue, X won't accept keyboard input untill I
>> ctrl-alt-f1. After that I can type, but I can't switch consoles.
> It sounds like there is a getty(8) process running on the virtual
> console used by the X11 server. Please provide more details e.g.
> how you start the X11 server, "/etc/ttys" etc..

I don't think so. A quick cursory glance at the source code shows that it
requires PCVT_SUPPORT defined for being able to switch consoles. The file does not define this for x86_64Architecture in

You can verify that your Xserver is running in wscons-only mode by looking
in the log file:

(--) Using wscons driver

Under an i386 box it shows up as:
(--) Using wscons driver in pcvt compatibility mode (version 3.32)