Subject: Re: ISO boot problems
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: Jimmie Houchin <jhouchin@texoma.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/18/2003 11:29:22
Frank van der Linden wrote:
> Ok then. Then I'd say try the bootfloppy images (now that you have a floppy
> in there); they are in amd64/installation/floppy/boot{1.2}.fs
>
> Perhaps the BIOS on this machine does something that the primary bootblock
> doesn't like.

Hello,

It's gotta be what you describe. When I place a non-bootable disk in I
get a hardware error which is different and allows me to continue to
boot off the hard drive. This is as expected.

So I guess enough of an executable is loaded but it doesn't like something.

I will see about trying the floppies or a net install later when I have
opportunity.

Jimmie Houchin