Subject: Re: MAXDSIZ cannot handle values larger than 2^31-1
To: Nicolas Joly <>
From: Frank van der Linden <>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/18/2003 16:52:52
On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:35:35PM +0100, Nicolas Joly wrote:
> options         MAXDSIZ=2684354560

> -nostdinc -DLKM -DMAXDSIZ=0x7fffffff -DMAXUSERS=32 -D_KERNEL

config(8) currently stores all numbers in an int.. which is a bit of
a problem if you want to specify number larger than that. Changing
it to a long will not help in the crossbuild case, and I don't think
using int64_t is a good idea for host tools, as they must compile
in the host environment, which may not support the type.

I'll have a look on how to fix config to get this right.

- Frank

Frank van der Linden
NetBSD. Free, Unix-like OS. > 45 different platforms.