Subject: Re: ISO boot problems
To: Frank van der Linden <>
From: Jimmie Houchin <>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/18/2003 09:20:06
Frank van der Linden wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 08:34:24AM -0600, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
>>I built my server without a floppy.
>>I didn't think it would be necessary on a machine which can boot from a
>>CD. And for OSes with bootable CDs. :(
>>It seems that the Error Disk read that I am seeing is probably related
>>to not finding fd0. Am I correct?
> Go into the BIOS and disable the floppy drive. Also remove the floppy
> drive from the list of devices to boot from (and put the CD-ROM first,
> before the hard drives). I expect that things should work for you
> after that.

After I did the above unsuccessfully, I popped the top and installed a
floppy. I still get the same error.

All of my hard drives sit behind the Promise SATA controller.
Does the binary on the ISO have the drivers in it for Promise SATA

I don't know. I haven't yet tried for a net install. I may try that my
next opportunity.

Hope this information helps.

Jimmie Houchin