Subject: Re: ISO boot problems
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: Jimmie Houchin <jhouchin@texoma.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/18/2003 09:20:06
Frank van der Linden wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 08:34:24AM -0600, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
>
>>I built my server without a floppy.
>>I didn't think it would be necessary on a machine which can boot from a
>>CD. And for OSes with bootable CDs. :(
>>
>>It seems that the Error Disk read that I am seeing is probably related
>>to not finding fd0. Am I correct?
>
> Go into the BIOS and disable the floppy drive. Also remove the floppy
> drive from the list of devices to boot from (and put the CD-ROM first,
> before the hard drives). I expect that things should work for you
> after that.

After I did the above unsuccessfully, I popped the top and installed a
floppy. I still get the same error.

All of my hard drives sit behind the Promise SATA controller.
Does the binary on the ISO have the drivers in it for Promise SATA
controllers.

I don't know. I haven't yet tried for a net install. I may try that my
next opportunity.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks.

Jimmie Houchin