Subject: Re: nVidia motherboards?
To: Richard Rauch <>
From: Frank van der Linden <>
List: port-amd64
Date: 10/20/2003 23:07:34
On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 03:57:28PM -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:
> Semi-related: I needed *some* kind of card for now, so I picked up a
> cheap rtk board locally.  It works, but is giving me watchdog timeout
> errors.

Yeah, rtk cards can be kinda crappy that way. That's not anything
specific to the amd64 port.

> Also, writing the superblocks during install is slower than I expected,
> and I occasionally get lost interrupts on the on-board IDE controller.

Could you send me a dmesg output? I'm wondering if there's some issue
with the nvidia nforce IDE part of the IDE driver.

Actually, if you keep seeing these issues, send-pr them.. I'm not
the one repsonsible for the IDE code (and don't know too much about

> Finally: Are virtual consoles not available on amd64?

Sure they ware. It's wscons, just like all other ports; virtual consoles
aren't even port-dependent.. just enable wscons in the normal way.

- Frank

Frank van der Linden
NetBSD. Free, Unix-like OS. > 45 different platforms.