Subject: New snapshot
To: None <>
From: Frank van der Linden <>
List: port-amd64
Date: 05/10/2003 20:24:14

I've put up a new NetBSD/amd64 snapshot at:

It's, as before, a bootable ISO image. It contains some important fixes
(see below). See also the README in that directory.

Enjoy, and let me know if it's useful to you.

        * A problem that would cause installations not to boot (hang or
          reset early in the bootstage) has been fixed.
        * The problem that caused glxgears to crash the X server has
          been fixed. It was a signal delivery problem.
        * Everything is now compiled with -O2, making things quite a bit
        * gdb (5.3) is now included. It works okay for userland debugging,
          examining kernel dumps is not yet possible.
        * Issues with PCI DMA systems with more than 4G of memory should
          be fixed.

- Frank

Frank van der Linden
NetBSD development                                     Embedded, Storage, other