Subject: New snapshot
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 04/28/2003 14:45:02
G'day people,

I've made a new snapshot available at:

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/amd64/iso/amd64-2003-04-28.iso

The README file is included below. If you have any problems, let me know.

- Frank

======
This is a snapshot of NetBSD/amd64 as of april 27th, 2003, based on
NetBSD-current sources as of that date.

The ISO image is bootable, and should boot you into sysinst, the NetBSD
installer. The install is straightforward; should you need instructions,
the NetBSD 1.6.1 for i386 instructions apply to this NetBSD/amd64 snapshot
as well.

Because gcc 3.3 is not yet integrated into NetBSD (it hasn't been released
yet), a seperate toolchain set is provided. It contains gcc 3.3 as taken
from the 3.3 branch on april 26th. The binutils in that set is 2.13.2.1.

Issues:

        * X is included, and works, but glxgears crashes the server,
          this needs to be investigated
        * gdb is not yet included, hopefully this can be made available
          next week
        * Everything is compiled with -O, though at this point gcc should
          be stable enough for -O2. But, compiling with -O2 (or -Os)
          still causes gcc to loop on one particular kernel source
          file, so I haven't switched it over to -O2 yet.

- Frank van der Linden, april 28th, 2003
======

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org
NetBSD. Free, Unix-like OS. > 45 different platforms.    http://www.netbsd.org/