Port-alpha archive

Re: 600au: SRM setting doesn't stick?

Mouse,

The CMOS battery should be on the mainboard, but the mainboard is not the mainboard if that makes sense. The PCI and ISA slots are actually on a separate board from the CPU/RAM/CMOS battery. If you remove the clamshell portion of the case and look where the PS/2, parallel, etc ports are you should see two lift tabs on a case-length PCB, this will be where the battery lives. It'll come up and out easily, then you can just slot it back in. Sorry if I am being unclear, I have the same model but it is late here so words are a bit hard x)

Just in case, here's the service manual, 5-12 and onward is what you're looking for: https://theretroweb.com/motherboard/manual/b30wwsma-60841c95f009e303767433.pdf