Port-alpha archive

Re: port-alpha/56434 (alpha testbed installs fail with cmdide errors)

I have adjusted the Subject: line in an attempt to get gnats to file
this with the PR.

Jason Thorpe wrote:
> What this is a DMA segment that starts at an odd boundary
> (0x83ae126d) and has an odd number of bytes (0xd93) to reach the end
> of the page (0x83ae2000).  The remainder of the 8K buffer (in
> virtual space) starts on a different physical page (0x83bac000).

Makes sense.

> Whether or not Qemu is correct in forcing the length to be even,

Not sure if this is the right chip, but Table III in
http://ftp.parisc-linux.org/docs/chips/PC87415.pdf suggests that
qemu correctly emulates that chip at least.

Martin Husemann wrote:
> That part is pretty easy, I can do it if emulation in QEMU works good enough

I successfully reproduced the issue today using the command from the
How-To-Repeat section:

  anita install http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/latest/alpha/

--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%NetBSD.org@localhost