Port-alpha archive

Re: Collection of small Alpha issues

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 12:56:27PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> > Fourth, firefox52 compiles, but it doesn't run:
[..]
> > Thread 1 "" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > 0x000003fff9c264b4 in ?? () from /usr/local/lib/firefox52/libxul.so
> >
> > I can rebuild with symbols, or I can give a shell to anyone who wants to have a gander.
>
> I?m gonna pass on this one.  :-)

Heh - I was a bit suprised that ff52 did not run well on e.g. powerpc machines
after I used it daily on sparc64 for several years. I fixed a few issues
there lately, so now it runs very stable on powerpc.

If you want to help to do similar for alpha, here is an ancient recipe how
to get good debug output:

	https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/pkgsrc/debugging_firefox/

Martin