Port-alpha archive

Re: Problems with DEC 3000/300

Hi,

> I dug up an external SCSI enclosure with an empty disk in it. Wanted to install NetBSD/alpha 9.2
> on my DEC 3000/300. Installation worked fine however only with serial console.
> For some reason it claims no keyboard is connected.
> I think it's a bit strange since Izumi Tsutsui has 9.2 installed on his 3000/300.
> https://dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi?do=view&id=6161

Note sfb(4) framebuffer and lkkbd are initialized in consinit(9)
during early startup so kernel messages there were not logged,
but IIRC there was a message
>> lkkbd0: no keyboard
on sfb(4) screen just after the kernel was loaded.

So I'm afraid there is something wrong in lk201 keyboard driver
but it should work even with the "no keyboard" message.

> tcu0 at tc0 slot 1 offset 0x0: TC-USB
> tcu0: config 0x0
> slhci0 at tcu0
> slhci0: ScanLogic SL811HS/T USB Host Controller (rev 1.4 or 1.5)
> slhci0: Max Current 500 mA (value by code, not by probe)
> usb0 at slhci0: USB revision 1.1

Oh, TC USB on DEC3000 :-)

> sfb0 at tc0 slot 6 offset 0x2000000: 1280x1024, 8bpp
> sfbp (Smart Frame Buffer Plus, 8bpp) at tc0 slot 0 offset 0x0 not configured

I have not tried multiple framebuffers on DEC3000, but
IIRC when I tried sfb(4) and tfb(4) on 3MIN (pmax)
I had to set "console" and "osconsole" variables
on the firmware properly. (or just remove sfbp temporaryly?)

> Also only one of my framebuffers are detected but I assume this is because sfbp is
> commented out in GENERIC?

Maybe just because it has not been tested or improved enough?
 http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/tc/sfbplus.c?f=u&only_with_tag=MAIN&logsort=date#rev1.8
Once it's confirmed working we should enable it in GENERIC,
though I'm afraid it requires more work (tweaks forrnewer gcc for
sfb(4), for example):
 http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/tc/sfb.c#rev1.79

---
Izumi Tsutsui