Port-alpha archive

Re: AlphaPC failsafe floppy

On Apr 18, 2022, at 3:35 PM, Kevin P. Neal wrote:

Does anyone have the AlphaPC (LX164) failsafe floppy image? The one
which has the FAILSAFE file in the root dir.

I haven't heard of this. I have a 164LX that I haven't used in a long time.
What does this failsafe image do? I probably want a copy as well.

It's some kind of a debugger loadable with the CF7 jumper enabled (my board developed some fault and doesn't boot from the ROM), I've forgotten the details and my floppy developed bad sectors. I have no idea where did I download it from.

The contents should look like this:

   49497 May  2  2010 failsafe*
    2295 Sep 24  1999 fwupdate.txt*
  163940 Aug 26  2016 lx164nt.rom*