Port-alpha archive

Re: Install of NetBSD on 3000/300 Fails Repeatably

On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 07:34:37PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> In my experience, there were several trouble around SIMM and CPU modules
> and I had to remove/reinstall them to pass firmware checks.
> (though IIRC there was no machine check on NetBSD kernel)

I have been unable to find working SIMM modules for my 3000/300 so far,
I wonder if some other part failed (or is marginal) and causes this fallout,
I have not seen ram chips go bad in masses on other machines.

Or maybe the CPU module is the main culprit instead (haven't replaced that).

Martin