Port-alpha archive

Re: Alpha Turbochannel display adaptors and Xorg 1.20

On 12/4/21 5:36 PM, David Brownlee wrote:
Alpha is one of the few ports stuck back on Xorg 1.10 rather than
1.20, as I understand primarily to continue to provide X servers for
turbo channel display adaptors (please someone sing out if I'm
mistaken in that)

I'm just in the process of the minor tweaks needed to get port-pmax
able to run generic Xwsfb X servers for at least cfb (and likely the
other supported tc PMAG adaptors).

Would anyone have turbochannel Aplha hardware to hand and be
interested in testing a current kernel & x binaries to see if it does
work?

Note - these will be unaccelerated drivers (not so much of an issue
for the basic PMAG-A and B, but a pity for the more powerful models),
but it could at least allow alpha to get up to the latest X server
code which is a benefit for PCI based models, and better for moving
forward

If you don't get any more timely help with this, we at LSSM should be able to put together a TC Alpha system to test with. We have all of the hardware.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA