Port-alpha archive

Re: graphics console doesn't boot

> On Jul 26, 2021, at 2:16 PM, Janne Ramstedt <janne%sofure.fi@localhost> wrote:
>
> Booting with graphics console doesn't work on latest daily build. I have tried some of the previous builds (9.99.8x) and they don't work either.

Doesn't boot as in just get nothing on screen, or the system panics, or...?  I want to figure this out and fix it for you, but need a little more information :-)

> I can successfully boot with serial console: https://dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi?do=view&id=6188

Well, this is good news, at least!  Hopefully there are some breadcrumbs in there that can lead us to the problem.

> NetBSD 9.2 also works.

Would it be possible for you to provide a dmesg from a successful NetBSD 9.2 boot?  That also might help steer us in the right direction.

> I haven't used NetBSD before, so if there is something you want me to try I will probably need instructions.

Welcome!

-- thorpej