Port-alpha archive

Re: Yes, NetBSD still boots on pretty ancient Alphas...

> On Jul 8, 2021, at 1:30 PM, john%ziaspace.com@localhost wrote:
>
>> (Rooting on NFS over a DE204 for now, because I want to image off the VMS install on the SCSI disk before I nuke-and-pave over it... hoooo boy is that painfully slow!)
>
> I imaged a 22 gig 5.25" SCSI disk using a Mac LC III with m68030. Yes, patience is required.

I’m going to replace the disk anyway with a SCSI2SD, but what’s frustrating is that no one has the v6 version in stock, only the 5.1 or 5.2, which is a real shame because v5 doesn’t support synchronous SCSI transfers and is thus limited to about 3MB/s, whereas v6 does (and can go up to 10MB/s).

Of course, 3MB/s will still be better than the theatrical max 1MB/s that I’m getting over 10baseT (and likely less because, well, it’s a DE204 :-)

> BTW - the recent alignment changes seem to have fixed building of php80-iconv, which had previously been failing consistently with pkgsrc m4 dumping core :)

Great news!

-- thorpej