Port-alpha archive

Re: MULTIPROCESSOR enabled by default on all Alpha kernels

> The system has been very stable for me, and is feeling much snappier.

I'm afraid if timecounter(9) using multiple PCC processor clocks
works properly.

I've committed it back in 2007 to switch alpha port to MI timecounter(9),
 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2007/07/21/0012.html
 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2007/07/21/0013.html
but IIRC ad@ pointed out that x86 TSC implementation (that alpha's
PCC implementation was based on) was problematic.

There was also a report that sleep(1) or TOD etc. didn't work
as expected if timecounter(9) was pcc (and worked fine with
clockinterrupt).

---
Izumi Tsutsui