Port-alpha archive

Re: Regarding the ULTRIX and OSF1 compats

> On Mar 16, 2019, at 3:14 PM, Maxime Villard <max%m00nbsd.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> Yes. Most of these functions are basic wrappers, that I think we can just
> gather into a linux_misc.c or similar.

Yes, that's the right thing to do, but note it's alpha-specific, and not shared with other platforms' COMPAT_LINUX.

> Do we know if COMPAT_OSF1 has actually ever been supported on HPPA? It is
> commented out in GENERIC since rev1, and there is some Alpha-specific code
> in osf1_misc.c that could hardly have compiled on HPPA.

Certainly not in NetBSD, as far as I'm aware.  It certainly existed for PA-RISC, but was never shipped by the vendor.  The OSF/1 compat we have in NetBSD is specifically DEC's flavor for the Alpha, and I don't recall exactly how far it diverged.

-- thorpej