Port-alpha archive

fenv.h support for alpha?

I was trying to build ffmpeg3 from pkgsrc on NetBSD/alpha, and got this error:

In file included from libavfilter/vf_drawtext.c:40:0:
/usr/include/fenv.h:31:2: error: #error "fenv.h is currently not supported for this architecture"
 #error "fenv.h is currently not supported for this architecture"
  ^

Back in 2014, Martin Husemann mentioned that he was planning to look at
adding support:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/2014/03/07/msg000695.html

There's also this PR 49997 about the lack of fenv.h support on various
architectures: http://gnats.netbsd.org/49997

Has there been any progress on this since then? What's involved in
adding support? I seem to recall hearing that the Alpha doesn't fully
implement the IEEE FP standard, and that it needs some software
assistance--is the problem that we need to write that software?
INet: khym%azeotrope.org@localhost |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 40 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++