Port-alpha archive

Re: Interested in USB for TURBOchannel (slhci at tc)?

Am 03.04.2016 um 10:46 schrieb David Brownlee:
I would definitely buy at least two at under $100 each, possibly more.
As a non NetBSD aside, I suspect if you can get the right VMS guy
interested in writing a driver for the VMS/VAX then you might suddenly
find another happy (if not huge :) market...

Great, we are approaching a reasonable volume really fast (others interested wrote off-list)!

VMS support would be so cool, and is possibly not that hard for the "right guy": USB is already supported for many of the later Alphas of course, so a USB subsystem and API should be there. comp.os.vms and its national counterparts could also help in raising more interest.

I think I will wait for 1 or 2 more weeks, which will also give me time to finish the PCB design and think about an "ordering process".

Felix