Port-alpha archive

No boot on AlphaServer DS25

Hi, all,

It's been a few years since the magic smoke came out of a chip on the motherboard of my only Alpha. Recently, some fine people donated an AlphaServer DS25 which will be used for bulk pkgsrc package building and testing. However, it seems that while systems in the same family are supported and support is implied, the system doesn't boot either netbsd-7 or current:

http://www.ziaspace.com/~john/alphanoboot1.jpg
http://www.ziaspace.com/~john/alphanoboot2.jpg

Has anyone else run NetBSD on a DS25 with EV68CB CPUs? I tried booting both the 6.4 firmware version that the machine came with and the upgraded 7.3 firmware and got the same results.

Ideas?

Thanks,
John