Port-alpha archive

Re: Xorg, XFree on netbsd/alpha

On 20 September 2011 08:52, Robert Dörfler <rodo%zlug.org@localhost> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i just installed NetBSD5.1 on my AlphaPC 164LX some days ago.When i was
> starting X i realized that its not the usual xorg/xfree86.Its XdecNetBSD.
> I'm just wondering why its included on the iso-distribution.
> Isnt there an usual xorg/xfree86 package around for alpha?

I believe it is built from Xfree86 - the source is in
xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/netbsd/dec, but that particular X
binary is built for the specific dec framebuffers.

There is also an XalphaNetBSD X server, but I'm not sure what it
supports - maybe someone more familiar can speak up?

In an ideal world all the dec specific drivers should be ported across
to X11R7, and the X server should be built to also support generic PCI
graphics cards...