Port-alpha archive

xserver for alphastation

I've got an old AlphaStation 200 I'm trying to resurrect. I managed to get NetBSD 5.0.2 installed and now I'm looking for an xserver to put on it. I've been having trouble with the standard X sets. Is the bit in the Alpha FAQ about there only being support for half a dozen video cards still accurate? I searched around a bit and found a few things that seem to imply that other video cards have been made to work (e.g. by using xfree86?) but it's not clear to me where I get a copy of that from. Are there some tarballs (or perhaps even pkgs) that I can install from somewhere?

I also found a reference to X on Alpha but for Linux, using sources from http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~mattst88/xserver, but I'd prefer not to spend time compiling a whole bunch of stuff if I don't have to (if that even works on NetBSD).

eric