Port-alpha archive

Re: ES40 bombing now

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, ..I'd rather be coding ASM! wrote:

Ideas? Url? I've been trolling google for a few days and it seems a fairly common problem.

You might try copying a 4.0 or 5.0 kernel onto your 3.99 root and boot that kernel. If that does boot, then out can put the installation kernel
(alpha/installation/instkernel/netbsd.gz) and boot from that kernel.  That
would give you an installation kernel same as you would get booting from the CD. If that boots, you should be able to install from the sets on the CD.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant