Port-alpha archive

AlphaServer 2000 4/200 available for pickup in Toronto

A colleague has shown me an AlphaServer 2000 4/200 that is available for
free for pickup in Toronto.

There are two CPUs (unknown speed but probably the 200MHz EV4's as the
system model would suggest), and the RAM board is full of SIMMs.

It has a DEC 100baseT PCI ethernet card and an EISA video card.

It should be in working condition, but we did not attempt to power it up
as we did not have an appropriate video cable (the 15-pin mini D-shell
with the missing pin).

There's also a Storageworks RAID-210 subsystem in it, with a PCI-based
controller of some sort (not sure which model), with as many as 8 drives
in the on-board disk BA-350 shelf.

I suspect it was running Windows-NT, and there's a Watcom SQL server
CD-ROM with it.

It's a double-wide desk-side system on casters, and it weighs a fair bit!

Anyone interested in obtaining this system must pick it up at its
current location in Toronto near York Mills & Yonge St. before the end
of next week, i.e. before May 22.  If nobody claims it before then it
will go to the computer recyclers.

The person to contact is:  Alex Orgill <aorgill%infra-service.com@localhost>

I can be an alternate contact too, if necessary.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                VE3TCP          RoboHack
<woods%robohack.ca@localhost>
Planix, Inc. <woods%planix.com@localhost>      Secrets of the Weird
<woods%weird.com@localhost>