Port-alpha archive

Re: Configuring a serial printer, etc...

port-alpha wrote:
> ---- Mark Ter Morshuizen <mark%itbox.co.za@localhost> wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> I don't think I can help you with the printing problem.
>>
>> I have a DEC 3000 / 600S running NetBSD and thought I was the only idiot on
>> earth still running something like that. Mine's got a 175 MHz CPU with 196
>> Mb
>> of RAM with some old 2 Gb disks. What's yours?
>
> DEC 3000M700S with 196mb RAM, 4 gb disk, and an Apple CD-ROM to liven things
> up.
> I have a turbochannel graphics board that I might install (if and when I can
> find an appropriate mouse and keyboard.)

Hi there. I've got those here as well. DEC3000/800 w/ 256MB, DEC 3000/300L w/
256MB, DEC 3000/300LX w/ 208MB. All with different harddisks. Some Turbo Channel
adapters rescued (ZLX E, 3D-Turbo Channel graphics adapters from DEC MIPS). Used
as servers for DHCP, WWW and the like, and for historical reasons.

NetBSD seems to be the one and only alternative for a decent unix on those old,
but rock solid systems.

Regards

--

Uwe Lienig

Forschungsinstitut Fahrzeugtechnik
<http://www.fif.mw.htw-dresden.de>
parcels: Gutzkowstr. 22, 01069 Dresden
letters: PF 12 07 01,    01008 Dresden

Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Dresden (FH)
Friedrich-List-Platz 1, 01069 Dresden