Port-alpha archive

Re: isp(4) annoying problems on PWS500au

On Nov 24, 2008, at 13:14, Matthew Jacob wrote:

And what would you recommend isp do? Do local queueing? Don't offer as
many openings?

Given the API you have to work with, I'd suggest that isp(4) not printf anything on the console for an I/O operation that has to be retried because of a temporary resource shortage (EAGAIN), but that ultimately succeeds.

If we want more precision, the API would either have to tell you what the limits are in available resources (so isp(4) doesn't request more than what's available), or set up a call-back queue for a later time when the resources requested are available.

        Erik <fair%netbsd.org@localhost>