Port-alpha archive

Re: questions for you guys, and to start some trouble ---

bob smith wrote:
I was going to mention Carl Lydick, who used to have the ability
to get a convoluted discussion started on any vax, alpha, or dec related list... but won't mention him...so... using my own convoluted way to start this question.. I hope this turns into a nice convoluted, twsited thread cause I learn something
new and unexpected everytime it goes that way on this list!!

Wow, there's a piece of history!

DS10 power supplies is the subject, the questions are:
has anyone tried the islandco ps for the ds10?
is there any other replacement supply for the ds10?
if you used one was it any good?

I've used the Island DS10 PSU, it works great. I think David had them custom-built to match the DEC/Compaq specs (they might have a higher power capacity but I don't remember for sure).

Graham