Port-alpha archive

Re: ES45 and SMP?

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Stephen Jones wrote:

I've got a few ES45s available to me with 4 procs each. Before I put down the dough, is NetBSD ready for prime time on these? I'm guessing Greg is the only one that might know for sure. And I of course don't mean just loading NetBSD and then letting the machine idle, I mean really intense 24/7 use.

The machine my client is running is only an ES40.

It would be cool though if NetBSD/alpha would run on the ES45s and ES47s.

However for CPU cycles vs. power consumption these days the AMD server chips might have a lower cost to operate (and take up less space! :-)).

--
                                        Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.
                                        <woods%planix.ca@localhost>