Subject: Digital 5305 for Free in MI
To: NetBSD Alpha Port <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: mowestusa <mowestusa@yahoo.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/21/2007 17:14:25
I have a clean and working Digital 5305 which I
believe is like a Alpha 1200, but was originally built
to run Windows NT for the Alpha. It does have SRM
Console as well. I believe it has one 533 Alpha, and
256megs+ of ram as well. I have had it for a little
while, but have been unable to get NetBSD installed on
any of the three SCSI drives that came with the
computer.

The drives seem to be bad, but I don't have the funds
or the time to continue trying to get good drives and
then going about installing NetBSD on it. The
controller seems to work, and NetBSD does boot off of
the three floppy set, and the install starts, but I
can't get the filesystem written onto any of the
disks, so the install fails. I have tried each drive
individually, but nothing that I have tried seems to
work. I have no desire to transport it or pay for
shipping. I got it for free, so I'm willing to give it
away for free. Is there any interest in this clean
server? I would like it to have a good new home, and
hopefully a home with NetBSD. Thanks. I'm located in
Southern Michigan, near major highways.

mowestusa

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/