Subject: More about API CS20's
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/14/2007 18:13:34
Since the topic of the day seems to be API CS20's. I found out that they
are more similar to the Compaq DS20L than I first thought. Infact, they
are virtually identical besides the SCSI controller on the PCI riser card.
I loaded the latest version of the SRM firmware (6.6.10) for the DS20L on
mine and it works perfectly. Tru64 even identifies the onboard temp and
voltage sensors correctly which means I don't have to disable the systems
health daemon anymore. With the CS20 firmware it complains about a faulty
PSU and temp sensor.

A bit more research revealed that Compaq actually made DS20L's with both
the Adaptec SCSI controller as well as the Symbios Logic controller. Both
types of riser cards exist for the DS20L but with different part ID's and
the Compaq/DEC firmware for the DS20L identifies the Symbios Logic
controller correctly. -Too bad there aren't any drivers in Tru64 for it.

The DS20L seems to be more than just inspired by the API CS20...

Cheers,
Anders