Subject: Re: Breaking into SRM on an Alphastation 500
To: Mark Ter Morshuizen <>
From: Anders Hogrelius <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/23/2007 23:30:32
Though there may be other ways to break in and stop the boot and an
Alphastation 500 I guess you could unplug the SCSI cable connecting the
disk and go from there. The boot process should fail when the disk isn't
found. Then set auto_action to HALT instead.

Anyone with any other ideas???

On Wed, 23 May 2007, Mark Ter Morshuizen wrote:

> Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 21:49:58 +0200
> From: Mark Ter Morshuizen <>
> Subject: Breaking into SRM on an Alphastation 500
> Hi,
> Sorry for the O/T post.
> I just got a pair on Alphastation 500's to play with. They both run Tru 64 and
> the srm auto_action is set to boot. I can't  figure out how to cancel the
> boot. On my other alphas Ctrl-C does the trick but on these it seems to have
> no effect. Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> --
> Mark Ter Morshuizen
> 2U Rackmount Casings:

This mail was sent on Wed 05/23/07 at 2:27PM PDT

There's nothing disgusting about it [the Companion].  It's just another
life form, that's all.  You get used to those things.
 		-- McCoy, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8

*                        Cell :   +46(0)70 677-0210
* Anders Hogrelius, MSc  Phone:   +1(714)408-7868
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail:
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:
* SWEDEN                 SkypeID: ahogrelius