Subject: Re: Breaking into SRM on an Alphastation 500
To: Mark Ter Morshuizen <mark@itbox.co.za>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/23/2007 23:30:32
Though there may be other ways to break in and stop the boot and an
Alphastation 500 I guess you could unplug the SCSI cable connecting the
disk and go from there. The boot process should fail when the disk isn't
found. Then set auto_action to HALT instead.

Anyone with any other ideas???

Cheers,
Anders

--
This mail was sent on Wed 05/23/07 at 2:27PM PDT

There's nothing disgusting about it [the Companion].  It's just another
life form, that's all.  You get used to those things.
 		-- McCoy, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8

*                        Cell :   +46(0)70 677-0210
* Anders Hogrelius, MSc  Phone:   +1(714)408-7868
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail:  anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:     http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN                 SkypeID: ahogrelius