Subject: Re: NetBSD INSTALL kernel and Multia IDE controller [wdc0]
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/11/2007 20:39:11
On Apr 11, 2007, at 5:47 PM, Professor Moriarty wrote:
> @ Dave: Sorry, I'm a bit frustrated right now, I spent $50 on this
> thing and it seems like I'll have to cough up more, not to mention
> I've been at this for a while and it got to me.

   Apology accepted, and I understand where you are coming from,
especially today.  I have been beating my head against a wall with a
very old, very production-critical Sendmail installation since very
early this morning.  I've practically got blood running out of my
ears.  Today with end either with my victory over this recalcitrant
piece of garbage, or my lying dead on the floor having experienced a
brain aneurism.

> @ khym: "Professor James Moriarty" is not a real Professor, rather it
> was the name of Sherlock Holmes' arch-nemesis. Also, I was unaware you
> had to put your realname in your email's name field.

   I'm sure everyone knows the name.  It is, at least according to
how *I* was raised, generally considered polite and respectful to
identify oneself using one's given name.  This is doubly true when
asking a stranger for a favor.  You are not Professor Moriarty...why
on Earth would you want your "full name" field to suggest that you are?

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL