Subject: Re: NetBSD INSTALL kernel and Multia IDE controller [wdc0]
To: Professor Moriarty <bofh.h4x@gmail.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/11/2007 13:40:46
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Professor Moriarty wrote:

> I have been trying to tell you that the controller is not recognised
> by the install kernel at all. Is wdc0 in the kernel config? It seems
> to be. So is there anything I should do [jumpers? driver rewrite?] or
> is my controller a dud? That is what I need to know.

   There is a wdc0 and a wdc1 configured in the INSTALL kernel and the
GENERIC kernel - both attached to isa.  The GENERIC kernel also has
a wdc* attached to pcmcia - but the INSTALL kernel doesn't.  So the
question would be where the wdc controller is attached on the Multia.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant