Subject: Re: PWS500au hangs if more than 1Gb of RAM is installed.
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/16/2007 21:34:00
No, it was just a potshot. I didn't follow the whole thread so I didn't
know it was CIA related. I've tried pretty much everything on my 264DP,
but it is impossible to get it stable enough for production use with SMP
kernels and it is just barely stable enough with a uniprocesssor kernel.
It feels like a waste of resources having that extra CPU sitting there
doing nothing.

I'm getting to the point where I'm looking for a Tru64 SMP license to use
instead of NetBSD as there seems to be to many bugs lurking within the SMP
code of the NBSD kernel at the moment. They seem to be hard to find as
some of them have been there quite long. Random hangs and panics seem to
be normal and unfortunately it seems to be the same with the SMP code of
FreeBSD as well...

Cheers,
Anders

--
This mail was sent on Fri 03/16/07 at 1:25PM PDT

You speak of courage.  Obviously you do not know the difference between
courage and foolhardiness.  Always it is the brave ones who die, the
soldiers.
 		-- Kor, the Klingon Commander, "Errand of Mercy",
 		   stardate 3201.7

*                        Cell :   +46(0)70 677-0210
* Anders Hogrelius, MSc  Phone:   +1(714)408-7868
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail:  anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:     http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN                 SkypeID: ahogrelius