Subject: Re: PWS500au hangs if more than 1Gb of RAM is installed.
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/15/2007 22:43:29
Michael L. Hitch said on 14/3/07 01:44:
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Chris Wareham wrote:
>
>> memory. Digging through previous posts I found that this is an old
>> problem:
>>
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/2002/05/20/0004.html
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/2002/06/25/0004.html
>>
>> If this isn't a regression, should it not be put mentioned in the FAQ
>> until it's fixed?
>
>   I should have just committed a fix for this.  The PWS500au I just
> acquired with 1.5GB of memory now works with the SCSI disks, as well as
> an IDE drive I tried.  It survived a full build of NetBSD.

Hi Michael,

Many thanks for the fix. I built a 3.1 kernel with it applied, and my
machine now sees both hard drives when 1.5Gb of RAM is installed. I
pushed the machine pretty hard with a bunch of parallel kernel builds
until top showed over 1Gb of RAM in use and saw no signs of trouble.

Regards,

Chris