Subject: Re: Running XFree86 on a PWS500au
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/14/2007 04:05:46
Chris Wareham said on 13/3/07 23:29:
> I've found the following webpage which includes patched versions of
> XFree86 for various Alpha workstations:
>
> http://www.caseydoodle.com/index1.html
>
> Is anyone running the patched version of XFree86 4.4.0 from this page on
> NetBSD 3.1?
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

Seems I didn't look hard enough at the list archives as I've now come
across the mass of postings about XFree86 on Alpha from early last year.
I can't really find any consensus on whether the best approach is to use
recent sources from the XFree86 project itself, the patched versions
from Mel Kravitz or to simply do a native build of xsrc from NetBSD 3.1.

Regards,

Chris