Subject: Re: 3.1 install faults on CS20
To: John Morrissey <jwm@horde.net>
From: Stephen Jones <smj@cirr.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/02/2007 14:25:54
On Mar 2, 2007, at 6:49 AM, John Morrissey wrote:

> I'm trying to install NetBSD 3.1 on an API Networks CS20. I'm
> installing
> from CD, but when the installer starts exploding base.tgz, the
> kernel(?)
> faults, leaving me at a db> prompt.

I assume you are using the released 3.1 ISO and not a pre-release.
What
happens if you type 'cont'?  Will it go back to boot?  What boot
flags are
you using?  Did you know, or at least I believe its true, you can have a
boot flag that immediately breaks to the debugger?

> I'm not that familiar with NetBSD, so I'll assume this is the kernel
> debugger. I couldn't get a backtrace out of it, but I poked around
> a bit
> (output below) looking for what might be useful information.

Yes, but read above.  More than likely you just need to type 'cont'
or remove
whatever flat you are booting with.

Welcome to NetBSD.  I typically do my installs via netboot on the ei?
interfaces
without any issues.

Stephen