Subject: Re: Continued problems with SMP on NetBSD/alpha
To: Tonnerre LOMBARD <>
From: Anders Hogrelius <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/19/2007 20:52:18
I'll check this on my box as soon as possible. I've had random crashes
with the SMP kernel too and the NIC is a 10MBit DEC chip card. There are
other issues as well and they too sem to be related to the PCI bus.

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Tonnerre LOMBARD wrote:

> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:14:18 +0100
> From: Tonnerre LOMBARD <>
> To: Greg A. Woods <>
> Cc: NetBSD/Alpha Discussion List <>
> Subject: Re: Continued problems with SMP on NetBSD/alpha
> Salut,
> FYI, a preliminary solution seems to have been the removal of the stge
> card. (It was a D-Link Gigabit Ethernet ;) I have put in a Tulip 100Mbit
> card (DEC chip) now. Enumerating the PCI bus still leads to a machine
> check exception, but it seems to run fine otherwise for several weeks now.
> What worries me however is the PCI bus problem, because you can bring
> the machine down as a normal user using this command: pcictl pci0 list
> 				Tonnerre

This mail was sent on Mon 02/19/07 at 11:49AM PST

"The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity."
"And in the way our differences combine to create meaning and beauty."
 		-- Dr. Miranda Jones and Spock, "Is There in Truth No Beauty?",
 		   stardate 5630.8

*                        Cell :   +46(0)70 677-0210
* Anders Hogrelius, MSc  Phone:   +1(714)408-7868
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail:
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:
* SWEDEN                 SkypeID: ahogrelius