Subject: NetBSD Multiprocessor on 264DP
From: Anders Hogrelius <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/17/2006 21:15:55
Hi All!

Does anyone have any experience with NetBSD running on a 264DP
motherboard? I'm about to upgrade my server and would like to know if
there are any quirks getting a Multiprocessor kernel running on one of
these boards. Are there any limitations to the amount of memory? Is it
stable? What version to run? My server hosts a couple of websites, email,
DNS and also runs MySQL. The load is quite low so the 264 is a bit of
overkill but I got it for free so...:-)

This mail was sent on Sun 12/17/06 at 12:11PM PST

Our missions are peaceful -- not for conquest.  When we do battle, it
is only because we have no choice.
		-- Kirk, "The Squire of Gothos", stardate 2124.5

*                        Cell :   +46(0)70 677-0210
* Anders Hogrelius, MSc  Phone:   +1(714)408-7868
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail:
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:
* SWEDEN                 SkypeID: ahogrelius