Subject: Trouble With Step 1 of Install
To: NetBSD Alpha Port <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: mowestusa <mowestusa@yahoo.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/03/2006 06:18:40
Sorry, I sent the last message before I finished.

As mentioned before:
I have a Digital Server 5305 6533A. It is using
Console V5.3-1.

I have switched it to SRM, and given the command at
the prompt:

P00>>>B DVA0

It reboots doing memory test, CD blinks a number of
times, hard drives blink once, and floppy light never
turns on nor do I hear it being accessed. Then message
comes back:

CPU 0 booting
(boot dva0.0.0.1000.0 -flags 0)
failed to open dva0.0.0.1000.0

P00>>>

I have tried the command "show device", and I get this
as part of the report back:

polling floppy0 (FLOPPY) PCED-XBUS hose 0
dva0.0.0.1000.0    DVA0    RX23

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I hope that I'm just
entering a command incorrectly. Thanks for any help
that can be given, I would really like to get netbsd
installed and give a second life to this old server
that is more than what we need to meet our needs in a
file server.

Steve
mowestusa@yahoo.com

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
(http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)