Subject: Re: reliability of SMP on alpha
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Brian L.Stuart <blstuart@bellsouth.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/08/2006 09:18:10
> Can anyone comment on how well NetBSD runs on alphas with more than
> one CPU now, please?  I'm wondering since a quad 667 MHz ES40 has
> appeared on ebay.  There were some messages in late July last year
> saying Michael and Jason had fixed the stability problems it had, so
> I suppose it's rock solid by now?  Are the fixes in NetBSD 3.0.1?

I can't really comment on NetBSD 3 because I've been swamped and
haven't done much updating for a while.  But I did apply the patches
(and July last year sounds about right) and it's been rock solid for me
on my DS5300 (white box version of the AS1200) with 2 processors.
To be honest though, I haven't really stressed it that much so I can't
promise there are no gotchas under heavy load though.

BLS